By Michel Anders
By Wesley J Chun
Praise for Core Python Programming
The whole Developer's consultant to Python
- New to Python? The definitive consultant to Python improvement for skilled programmers
- Covers center language good points completely, together with these present in the newest Python releases–learn more than simply the syntax!
- Learn complicated themes corresponding to common expressions, networking, multithreading, GUI, Web/CGI, and Python extensions
- Includes brand-new material on databases, net consumers, Java/Jython, and Microsoft place of work, plus Python 2.6 and three
- Presents thousands of code snippets, interactive examples, and functional workouts to bolster your Python skills
Python is an agile, strong, expressive, absolutely object-oriented, extensible, and scalable programming language. It combines the ability of compiled languages with the simplicity and fast improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python Programming, moment Edition , prime Python developer and coach Wesley Chun is helping you examine Python quick and comprehensively for you to instantly be triumphant with any Python project.
Using sensible code examples, Chun introduces the entire basics of Python programming: syntax, items and reminiscence administration, information varieties, operators, records and I/O, features, turbines, blunders dealing with and exceptions, loops, iterators, useful programming, object-oriented programming and extra. when you study the center basics of Python, he exhibits you what you are able to do along with your new abilities, delving into complex themes, comparable to average expressions, networking programming with sockets, multithreading, GUI improvement, Web/CGI programming and lengthening Python in C.
This version displays significant improvements within the Python 2.x sequence, together with 2.6 and counsel for migrating to three. It comprises new chapters on database and web patron programming, plus assurance of many new issues, together with new-style periods, Java and Jython, Microsoft workplace (Win32 COM buyer) programming, and masses more.
- Learn specialist Python sort, top practices, and solid programming behavior
- Gain a deep realizing of Python's items and reminiscence version in addition to its OOP beneficial properties, together with these present in Python's new-style periods
- Build greater net, CGI, web, and community and different client/server functions
- Learn tips to increase your personal GUI functions utilizing Tkinter and different toolkits on hand for Python
- Improve the functionality of your Python functions by means of writing extensions in C and different languages, or increase I/O-bound purposes through the use of multithreading
- Learn approximately Python's database API and the way to exploit a number of database platforms with Python, together with MySQL, Postgres, and SQLite
- Features appendices on Python 2.6 & three, together with pointers on migrating to the subsequent generation!
By Tony Gaddis
This textual content is meant for a one-semester introductory programming path for college students with restricted programming experience.
In beginning Out with Python®, 3rd Edition Tony Gaddis’ evenly-paced, obtainable assurance introduces scholars to the fundamentals of programming and prepares them to transition into extra advanced languages. Python, an easy-to-learn and more and more well known object-oriented language, permits readers to develop into happy with the basics of programming with out the tricky syntax that may be tough for newcomers. With the data received utilizing Python, scholars achieve self assurance of their talents and learn how to realize the good judgment in the back of constructing fine quality programs.
Starting Out with Python discusses keep an eye on buildings, services, arrays, and tips prior to items and sessions. as with every Gaddis texts, transparent and easy-to-read code listings, concise and functional real-world examples, detail-oriented motives, and an abundance of workouts seem in each chapter.
Teaching and studying Experience
This application offers a greater instructing and studying experience–for you and your scholars. it's going to help:
Enhance studying with the Gaddis strategy: Gaddis’s obtainable method gains transparent and easy-to-read code listings, concise real-world examples, and routines in each chapter.
Support teachers and scholars: scholar and teacher assets can be found to extend at the themes offered within the text.
Keep Your direction present: This edition’s courses were established with Python 3.3.2.
By Aidas Bendoraitis
- This is the newest booklet out there that can assist you reap the benefits of the recent beneficial properties extra to Django 1.8
- This ebook contains recipes of various complexities that will help you create multilingual, responsive, and scalable web pages with Django
- This up-to-date version teaches you significant Django services and may assist you increase your abilities by way of constructing versions, types, perspectives, and templates
Django is an online framework that used to be designed to strike a stability among swift net improvement and excessive functionality. It has the means to address purposes with excessive degrees of person site visitors and interplay, and will combine with mammoth databases at the backend, regularly accumulating and processing info in actual time.
By the tip of this publication, you've gotten a very good knowing of the recent positive factors additional to Django 1.8 and be knowledgeable at net improvement processes.
What you are going to learn
- Get begun with the fundamental configuration essential to begin any Django project
- Build a database constitution out of reusable version mixins
- Manage varieties and perspectives and get to understand a few beneficial styles which are used to create them
- Create convenient template filters and tags so that you can reuse in each project
- Integrate your personal performance into the Django CMS
- Manage hierarchical constructions with MPTT
- Import facts from neighborhood assets and exterior net providers in addition to exporting your information to 3rd parties
- Implement a multilingual seek with Haystack
- Test and installation your venture efficiently
About the Author
Aidas Bendoraitis has been professionally operating with internet applied sciences for over a decade. over the last 9 years at a Berlin-based corporation, studio 38 natural verbal exchange GmbH, he has constructed a few small-scale and large-scale Django projects—mostly within the cultural area—together with an inventive staff. in the interim, he's additionally operating as a software program architect at a London-based cellular startup, Hype.
Aidas usually attends meetups of Django person crew Berlin, sometimes visits Django and Python meetings, and writes a web publication approximately Django: http://djangotricks.blogspot.com/.
Table of Contents
- Getting began with Django 1.8
- Database Structure
- Forms and Views
- Custom Template Filters and Tags
- Model Administration
- Django CMS
- Hierarchical Structures
- Data Import and Export
- Bells and Whistles
- Testing and Deployment
By William Stanek
IIS eight offers the middle companies for web hosting internet servers and net functions. to benefit the right way to deal with net purposes working on IIS and practice complicated management initiatives, you wish sensible hands-on recommendation from knowledgeable who has years of expertise operating with IIS. William Stanek is such an expert.
Your own coach IIS eight net Apps
By analyzing this booklet and dealing step-by-step throughout the crucial projects mentioned, you could examine to:
Manage ISAPI and CGI applications
Configure ASP, ASP.NET, and .NET Framework settings
Create and configure customized IIS applications
Customize settings for software pools
Start, cease, and recycle employee processes
Maintain software healthiness and performance
Enhance net server safeguard and permissions
Configure handler mappings and authentication
Monitor and optimize IIS performance
Manage IIS backups
This publication is designed for someone who desires to tips on how to deal with net purposes and practice complex management of IIS 8.0 and IIS 8.5. within, you will find finished overviews, step by step systems, often used initiatives, documented examples, and masses extra. one of many ambitions is to maintain the content material so concise that the publication is still compact and simple to navigate whereas whilst making sure that the booklet is jam-packed with as a lot info as possible--making it a worthwhile resource.
Table of Contents
What’s This ebook About?9
What Do i must Know?10
How is that this publication Organized?11
What Conventions Are utilized in This Book?11
Chapter 1 operating IIS 8.0 and IIS 8.5 Applications14
Managing ISAPI and CGI software Settings14
Managing ASP Settings22
Managing ASP.NET Settings36
Managing .NET Framework Settings52
Chapter 2 handling functions and alertness Pools66
Defining customized Applications66
Managing customized IIS Applications70
Managing ASP.NET and the .NET Framework83
Working with software Pools87
Chapter three coping with employee strategies and Performance101
Starting, preventing, and Recycling employee techniques Manually101
Configuring a number of employee procedures for software Pools106
Configuring employee technique Recycling107
Maintaining program overall healthiness and Performance110
Chapter four improving net Server Security117
Managing home windows Security117
Managing IIS Security133
Chapter five utilizing energetic listing certificates Services154
Working with energetic listing certificates Services159
Chapter 6 dealing with certificate and SSL174
Creating and fitting Certificates174
Working with SSL181
Chapter 7 functionality Tuning, tracking, and Tracing185
Monitoring IIS functionality and Activity185
Detecting and Resolving IIS Errors188
Monitoring IIS functionality and Reliability204
Tuning internet Server Performance212
Strategies for bettering IIS Performance218
Chapter eight IIS Backup and Recovery225
Backing Up the IIS Configuration226
Backing Up and improving Server Files235
Appendix A entire IIS Module and Schema Reference247
Working with IIS 8.0 and IIS 8.5 Modules248
IIS local Module Reference254
IIS controlled Module Reference313
About the Author323
Click glance inside of and notice this hands-on desktop handbook.
Scroll to the head of the web page and choose the purchase Now button.
Want whatever you could carry on your arms? glance additionally for the print edition!
By Wendy Willard
Essential HTML skills—made easy!
- Key abilities & Concepts--Chapter-opening lists of particular abilities lined within the chapter
- Ask the Expert--Q & A sections packed with bonus details and worthy tips
- Try This--Hands-on workouts that enable you observe your skills
- Notes--Extra details relating to the subject being covered
- Tips--Helpful reminders or exchange methods of doing things
- Self-Tests--End-of-chapter studies to check your knowledge
- Annotated syntax--Example code with observation that describes the programming concepts being illustrated
By Daniel Kuhn,Michael Raith
By Michael Hartl
This is the e-book of the broadcast publication and should no longer contain any media, site entry codes, or print supplementations that can come packaged with the certain book.
Used through websites as various as Twitter, GitHub, Disney, and Airbnb, Ruby on Rails is among the preferred frameworks for constructing internet purposes, however it may be difficult to benefit and use. no matter if you’re new to internet improvement or new merely to Rails, Ruby on Rails™ educational, Fourth Edition, is the answer.
Best-selling writer and best Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails through guiding you thru the advance of 3 instance purposes of accelerating sophistication. The tutorial’s examples specialize in the overall rules of net improvement wanted for nearly any type of web site. The updates to this variation contain complete compatibility with Rails five, a department of the biggest chapters into extra practicable devices, and an immense variety of new routines interspersed in every one bankruptcy for optimum reinforcement of the material.
This imperative consultant presents built-in tutorials not just for Rails, but in addition for the basic Ruby, HTML, CSS, and SQL talents you wish while constructing net functions. Hartl explains how every one new approach solves a real-world challenge, after which he demonstrates it with bite-sized code that’s easy adequate to appreciate, but novel sufficient to be precious. no matter what your earlier internet improvement adventure, this booklet will consultant you to actual Rails mastery.
This booklet may help you
- Install and arrange your Rails improvement atmosphere, together with pre-installed built-in improvement surroundings (IDE) within the cloud
- Go past generated code to really know how to construct Rails functions from scratch
- Learn checking out and test-driven improvement (TDD)
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Structure functions utilizing the remaining architecture
- Build static pages and remodel them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming talents all Rails builders need
- Create top quality website layouts and knowledge models
- Implement registration and authentication platforms, together with validation and safe passwords
- Update, reveal, and delete users
- Upload pictures in creation utilizing a cloud garage service
- Implement account activation and password reset, together with sending e-mail with Rails
- Add social beneficial properties and microblogging, together with an creation to Ajax
- Record model adjustments with Git and create a safe distant repository at Bitbucket
- Deploy your functions early and sometimes with Heroku
By Michal Jaworski,Tarek Ziade
Become an ace Python programmer via studying top coding practices and advance-level options with Python 3.5
About This Book
- Based at the most modern solid model of Python (version 3.5)
- Creating good doable code that may run in a number of environments with various units of dependencies
- Packed with complicated strategies and top practices to put in writing effective Python code
Who This ebook Is For
The e-book may entice internet builders and Python programmers who are looking to begin utilizing model 3.5 and write code successfully. simple wisdom of Python programming is expected.
What you'll Learn
- Conventions and most sensible practices which are broadly followed within the python community
- Package python code successfully for neighborhood and construction use
- Easy and light-weight how one can automate code deployment on distant systems
- Improve your code's caliber, reliability, and performance
- Write concurrent code in python
- Extend python with code written in numerous languages
Python is a dynamic programming language, utilized in a variety of domain names by means of programmers who locate it easy, but robust. whether you discover writing Python code effortless, writing code that's effective and straightforward to take care of and reuse is a challenge.
The concentration of the publication is to familiarize you with universal conventions, top practices, priceless instruments and criteria utilized by python pros each day while operating with code.
You will start with realizing new positive factors in Python 3.5 and fast methods for making improvements to productiveness. subsequent, you are going to study complicated and valuable python syntax parts dropped at this re-creation. utilizing complicated object-oriented suggestions and mechanisms to be had in python, you'll study various techniques to enforce metaprogramming. you'll discover ways to opt for strong names, write applications, and create standalone executables easily.
You can be utilizing a few robust instruments resembling buildout and vitualenv to liberate and install the code on distant servers for creation use. relocating on, you are going to discover ways to successfully create Python extensions with C, C++, cython, and pyrex. the $64000 elements whereas writing code equivalent to code administration instruments, writing transparent documentation, and test-driven improvement also are covered.
You will now dive deeper to make your code effective with common principles of optimization, options for locating bottlenecks, and chosen instruments for program optimization.
By the tip of the e-book, you'll be a professional in writing effective and maintainable code.
Style and process
An easy-to-follow consultant that covers top practices in Python programming
By Jason Lengstorf,Thomas Blom Hansen
PHP is a server-side scripting language that permits you to strengthen dynamic websites that have interaction clients in ways in which are easily impossible utilizing simply HTML and CSS. PHP for Absolute Beginners takes a pragmatic method of instructing you the way to construct dynamic content material on your web site utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor. You’ll quick start with sensible personal home page tasks, studying the best way to construct a dynamic photograph gallery. via the top of the publication you’ll can have constructed a private weblog whole with a password secure admin module.
PHP for Absolute Beginners will not swamp you with each aspect of the entire personal home page language up entrance – as an alternative, you’ll be brought to a small, flexible subset of personal home page and discover ways to use it creatively to boost dynamic sites. within the technique you'll learn how to use variables, regulate buildings, features, and items on your virtue. you are going to how you can plan and create databases and the way to arrange your Hypertext Preprocessor scripts superbly. on the finish of the ebook, you may be a convinced Hypertext Preprocessor consumer, able to take the subsequent steps in growing nice websites.
What youll learn
- Set up a personal home page improvement environment
- Build database-driven personal home page net sites
- Learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with PHP
- Create MySQL databases
- Create a dynamic snapshot gallery with dossier uploads
- Develop a private web publication with a password secure admin module
Who this ebook is for
PHP for Absolute Beginners is for those who already be aware of a few HTML and CSS – yet no earlier programming adventure is needed. you'll easy methods to increase hugely maintainable, dynamic web pages with sleek, object-oriented PHP.